Private School Information
This emerging city is a wonderful place in which to raise a family, as it continues to build infrastructure and establish itself as one of the liveliest cities in the province. In Barrie, you and your family will live close to beautiful Lake Simcoe and an expansive waterfront that will help your kids stay active during the year's warm seasons. Moreover, you will be close to Kempenfelt Bay, resplendent with a plethora of restaurants and places for activities. Indeed, Barrie is ideal for energetic children and teenagers.
Most importantly, however, Barrie's private schools will provide your child with the greatest chance to succeed. While it offers some really good public schools, the city's private schools present numerous unique advantages.
Private school advantages
- Excellent facilities (i.e. information technology, gymnasiums, libraries, student lounges, audio, or video equipment)
- Private schools typically offer the most relative to other types of schools. These programs guarantee that your son or daughter's education will be well rounded and that he or she will be able to pursue a passion outside of class time.
- Of course, any discussion about private schools ought to include small class sizes. Limits on class sizes ensure that your child receives sufficient attention from his or her instructors and that he or she is also able to participate in the classroom. (Parents interested in Montessori should note that Montessori schools do not all profess small class sizes as an important factor).
When you are choosing a private school in Barrie, you must be careful. Simply put, ensure that it has accreditation and respect from the Ontario Ministry of Education. Indeed, only schools that the Ministry has inspected can grant your child credits that will count towards his or her Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). However, the Ministry does not inspect private elementary schools unless it receives a formal complaint. As such, if your child attends private school, your research should be thorough.
Quick Notes on Affordability
There are ways (aside from low tuitions) to afford private school. Here are a few tips:
- Scholarships and bursaries
- Grants from organizations outside of the school: Children's First, one of myriad fantastic organizations that will help you pay for private school.
- Tax Breaks: In Ontario, sending your child to a faith-based school (for example) may count as a charitable donation for which you will receive a tax credit.
Be sure to click on the profiles on this page or search for Ontario Private Schools to find out more about all of the amazing options that you have. Good luck!