Preschool is an especially important time in your child’s life, as it is his or her first exposure to formal education. As such, you should choose a school that best suits to your daughter’s learning style. A single sex school can do just that.
Shop exclusive deals at the Our Kids Store by Microsoft
To further serve the families who turn to us, we've been working with Microsoft to innovate in support of online learning. To that end, we're pleased to announce the launch of the Our Kids Store by Microsoft.
Gain access to exclusive discounts on Surface products—from laptops to accessories that support remote learning—at the Store through your Our Kids account dashboard.
There are all-girls preschools across Canada, such as in Ontario, BC, Quebec, and Alberta. This includes the cities of Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal, Mississauga, Oakville, Vaughan, Scarborough, Burlington-Hamilton, and Brampton.
Here are some additional distinct advantages of all-girls preschools:
- Your daughter will receive comprehensive attention and care, as private preschool classes are typically smaller than at other kinds of schools. (However, Montessori schools and preschools are sometimes different.) This atmosphere, combined with the comfort of an all-girls environment, can make participating in classroom activities palatable for your child.
- All girls' private schools foster success. Such excellent preschool programming can give your daughter a significant edge when she enters elementary school.
- These private preschools have the capacity to attract some of the best teachers from across the country.
- Numerous scholars recommend that your child begin her education early.
Paying for an all-girls preschool
Today’s private preschools continue to become more affordable than they have ever been. Our Kids’ handy list of tips for paying private school tuition could help you come up with strategies to make tuition payment affordable. You could also use some of these helpful hints:
- Financial aid: If you could demonstrate clear financial need, then some private preschools might provide you with a bursary. Both preschools themselves and charitable organizations may offer you financial aid.
- Sibling discounts: These increase according to the number of children you send to a given preschool.
- Flexible payment plans: Some private preschools will allow you to spread tuition payments out over a longer period of installments.
- Tax deductions: There are two very common private preschool tax breaks. First, sending your daughter to an all-girls religious preschool might count as a charitable donation for which you will receive a tax break. Second, if you enroll your child in a preschool for students with special needs (read our special needs schools costs guide), then your provincial government might help pay for it (i.e. tuition could count as a medical expense).
To learn more, read our guide to preschool costs.
To find out much more about all-girls private preschools, visit one of our Our Kids’ annual school expos.