On this page, we list the best private schools in Saskatchewan. While we don't provide Saskatchewan private school rankings, we deeply profile each Saskatchewan school on our website. Click on a school to learn all about it, and click through to a school’s website to contact them directly. Find a school in Saskatchewan for your child.
Types of Saskatchewan private schools
There are many different types of private and independent schools in Saskatchewan. There are boarding and day schools in Saskatchewan, as well as preschools, and elementary, middle, and high schools. There are also special needs, Montessori, gifted, Waldorf, and Christian schools in this province.
What’s more, even within a specific type of school, no two Saskatchewan schools are alike, and each is one of a kind. There are schools in the city and those in the country. There are big and small schools. And there are more and less academically rigorous schools.
Finally, each Saskatchewan private school has a distinct community, culture, personality, and set of values it seeks to impart. Some, for instance, focus heavily on character development. Others have a social justice and community engagement orientation. And many schools in Saskatchewan are multicultural, and they promote diversity, tolerance, and equity.
Benefits of Saskatchewan private schools
Saskatchewan private and independent schools provide a first-class education. Most meet and surpass provincial curricular guidelines. Many also offer acceleration and enrichment opportunities.
Some private schools in Saskatchewan also offer challenging academic programs. For instance, they may offer the International Baccalaureate Programme, AP courses, or a gifted program. These kinds of programs can be ideal for high-ability and academically-focused students.
Here are some other benefits of private schools in Saskatchewan:
• They tend to be academically rigorous.
• They often encourage kids to take on challenges, and sometimes fail, in a safe and supportive environment.
• They promote academic, social, and emotional growth.
• Many focus on character development.
• Many have a wide range of extracurriculars.
• Most have small classes and low student-to-teachers ratios.
• Most have tight-knit communities.
Choosing the right Saskatchewan private school for your child
It’s important to find the right Saskatchewan school for your child. Beyond the basics, such as location and cost, make sure you learn as much about a school as possible.
Here are some questions to get you started:
- How challenging are your academics?
- What teaching and learning approaches do you use?
- What training and credentials do your teachers have?
- How would you describe your school community?
- What kinds of extracurriculars do you have?
- Do you offer acceleration and enrichment opportunities?
- Do you have field trips?
- Are there any extra costs beyond tuition?
You’ll also want to think seriously about your child. What school is the right fit given your child’s interests, abilities, goals, and personality?
Here are some child-specific questions to reflect on:
- What are my child’s current academic abilities?
- What subjects interest them the most?
- Do they enjoy collaborative learning?
- Do they enjoy experiential learning?
- Are they motivated to learn?
- Are they more extroverted or introverted?
- Do they make friends easily?
- Do they have any special needs?
- How much structure and how much freedom is ideal for them in the classroom?
- How physically active are they?
- How would I like my child to broaden their horizons?
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Saskatchewan private schools are there?
There are 3 Saskatchewan private schools that are Our Kids trusted members.
How much is tuition at Saskatchewan private schools?
Tuition fees for Saskatchewan private schools range from $4,500 to $51,000 per year with an average tuition of $24,077 per year.
What’s the largest school?
Of the Saskatchewan private schools, the largest is Luther College High School with 430 students in Grades 9 to 12.
Are Saskatchewan private schools good?
We interviewed both parents and students. You can read reviews about Saskatchewan private schools on this page.
Is there a private school expo where I can meet with Saskatchewan private schools?
Yes. You can meet with private schools and education experts at the Our Kids Private School Expos held every year in September and October. These events are designed for both parents and students. Find event details and ticket info here.