What St. Michael's says:
Experience St. Michael's College School
Take our Virtual Tour: stmichaelscollegeschool.com/tour
St. Michael's College School Application Checklist
1. Complete Candidate Information Available online: applysmcs.com
2. Provide Academic Documents Online Families are required to scan and upload copies of the candidate’s final report cards from 2019 and 2020, as well as a copy of the current school year report cards. Candidates seeking entrance to Grades 11 or 12 must submit an Official Transcript and the Credit Counselling Summary.
3. A. Complete the Student Reference Online (for applications to Grades 7, 8, or 9) As part of the application process families must provide the student reference to their son’s current teacher through the online application. Families will require the teacher’s name and email address to complete this part of the application. Select Item #5 in the Application Checklist and follow the prompts to send the Reference as an Email.
3. B. Permission to contact vice-principal (for applications to Grades 10, 11, or 12) Families must email the vice-principal of their son’s high school giving that person permission to communicate with St. Michael’s College School about their son’s academics, attendance, and behaviour. Mr. Fischer should be carbon copied on this email ([email protected]).
4. Submit Application Fee Payment of a non-refundable $125 application fee. Questions regarding the application fee can be directed to Mrs. Kim Celotti at [email protected] or 416-653-3180 ext. 500.
5. Family Meeting and Interview Families must schedule a family meeting and interview with Office of Admissions. During this two hour window, families will receive more information about the SMCS model of education, have their questions answered and will participate in a parent and candidate interview. The family meeting can be scheduled by logging into your online application account at applysmcs.com.
6. Complete the secondary school admissions at home test (SSAT) (Only for candidates seeking Grades 7, 8, or 9 entrance). The SSAT is an aptitude test. Families can register their sons for the SSAT directly at www.ssat.org. Please ensure results are sent directly to St. Michael’s College School.
7. Complete the Character Skills Snapshot Once a candidate has registered for the SSAT, the Character Skills Snapshot will become available. This 20-30 survey is completed online. Please ensure results are sent directly to St. Michael's College School.