"CIS is an association of Ontario independent schools working together to support member schools in their missions to prepare students for the 21st C."
We accomplish this mission by providing tools and programmes to:
* Provide unique inter-school student experiences.
* Provide opportunities for ongoing professional development and networking among member schools.
* Provide opportunities to share resources and best practices and experiences across and among member schools.
* Facilitate collaborative activity.
* Disseminate relevant research and information.
* Promote sustainability of the CIS member school community through advocacy and promotion.
CIS believes that the best schools exhibit the following characterisitics:
* Have dedicated, well-qualified teachers
* Emphasize innovative and effective academic programmes
* Educate the whole child
* Develop student character
* Are independent with good governance models
* Are safe schools