Edmonton Private Schools
Find schools in Edmonton listed below.
You will find some of Canada's best private schools in Edmonton, Alberta. This city is known for excellent all boys, all girls, boarding and Montessori and other private schools that will help your child thrive in and out of the classroom.
More Private Schools Nearby
More About Private Schools
Accredited vs. registered private schools in Alberta
Before selecting a private school in Edmonton, you must understand Alberta's accredited versus registered distinction.
Registered schools do not have to meet provincial requirements. Many parents choose registered private schools because these institutions match their religious or educational ideals. Registered private schools in Edmonton have less governmental interference in teaching, curriculum and educational philosophy. This allows faith based schools and alternative schools to thrive and teach material that parents and teachers agree is best for children.
Alberta's accredited private schools receive some public funding and meet provincial requirements. In fact, many of these schools exceed provincial mandates in terms of academic stnadards, classroom discipline and other criteria. Accredited private schools are typically more affordable than registered private schools.
Benefits of Edmonton Private Schools
Here are some of the most commonly cited benefits of sending your son or daughter to a private school in Edmonton:
- Smaller class sizes ensure that a student's class is not an overwhelming environment and that he or she receives sufficient necessary attention.
- Private schools are typically academically rigorous. Graduates of these schools often go on to impressive post-secondary institutions and careers.
- Private schools have the capacity to offer you the best resources. Since they are not restricted by provincial budgets, they can pay teachers more (and thus attract better teachers) and provide better facilities (i.e. gyms and information technology equipment). These resources help private schools give your son or daughter many extracurricular activity options.
Paying for Private School
Today's private schools are more affordable than they have ever been. In Edmonton, the number of private schools continues to grow. This increased competition intensifies private education's demand. This makes your child's education better and should also help reduce tuition. There are also other ways to help you pay for private school. Some of these helpful forms of payment assistance could include:
- Scholarships (i.e. academic achievement, community involvement, artistic, athletic accomplishments, high entrance exam score, essay writing competition)
- Financial aid in the form of bursaries based exclusively on financial need (applications are necessary in many cases)
- Sibling discounts (these discounts usually increase in percentage based on the number of children you send to a given private school)
- Flexible payment plan options (i.e. monthly payments)
- If you send your child to a private school for students with special needs, the province might help you pay for its tuition.
List of Edmonton Private Schools
13212 106 Avenue,
Progressive Academy offers programs from junior kindergarten to grade 12 in Edmonton. Its average class size is 12 to 16 students. [view profile]
- JK to 9 (Coed)
- $7,700 to $9,000 per year
|Ask a Question|
|Ask a question and get it answered in our community Q&A section|
|Get News & Updates|
|Sign up for our free|
e-Newsletter to get news straight to your inbox
|Meet With Schools|
|Come to our Canada-wide Private School Expos to meet with top schools|