Private School Information
Like other parts of BC, Kelowna has many great private and independent schools. These schools offer a challenging and engaging education, from preschool to high school.
Types of schools in Kelowna
There are many different kinds of private and independent schools in Kelowna. Below, we describe some of the main ones.
- Alternative: Alternative schools tend to have curricular and teaching approaches that depart from the mainstream. For example, many offer student-directed, experiential, and inquiry-based learning, with small classes and few whole-class lectures. Alternative schools in Kelowna include Montessori, Waldorf, and Reggio Emilia.
- Special needs: There are both dedicated special needs schools and regular schools which support special needs students in Kelowna, BC. This includes schools supporting learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, and language and visual processing disorders. It also includes schools supporting ADHD, and developmental disabilities, such as autism, Asperger’s, and Down syndrome.
Choosing a Kelowna private school
Kelowna can be a great place to get a private school education. You’ll want to do lots of research before you select a school for your child.
You should take a variety of factors into account. These include the school’s
To learn more about finding the right school, read our choosing guide. You can also read our guide to the top questions to ask private schools.
Benefits of Kelowna schools
Kelowna schools have many perks. Some of these are similar to what you’ll find at other private schools, including
- more control over your child's education,
- smaller class sizes,
- educational programs that meet your child’s needs,
- curricular approaches that match your family's beliefs and values.
On this page, we list private and independent schools in Kelowna, BC. Click on a school profile to learn more about it, and connect directly with a school to set up a visit, tour, and learn how to register your child.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many private schools in Kelowna, BC are there?
There is 1 private school in Kelowna, BC that is an Our Kids trusted member.
How much is tuition at private schools in Kelowna, BC?
Tuition fees for private schools in Kelowna, BC range from $14,800 to $59,480 per year with an average tuition of $33,378 per year.
What’s the largest school?
Of the private schools in Kelowna, BC, the largest is Unisus School with 130 students in Grades JK to 12.
Are private schools in Kelowna, BC good?
We interviewed both parents and students. You can read reviews about private schools in Kelowna, BC on this page.
Is there a private school expo where I can meet with private schools in Kelowna, BC?
Yes. You can meet with private schools and education experts at the Our Kids Private School Expos held every year in September and October. These events are designed for both parents and students. Find event details and ticket info here.