Private School Information
Like other parts of BC, Kelowna has many great private and independent schools. These schools offer a challenging and engaging education, from preschool to high school.
Want an insider's perspective? Oct 3 to 24, 2020
Take 90 seconds now, and get free access to the Private School Admissions Pathway, a sequence of virtual events and your own personalized portal to manage your school research and improve your admissions prospects. You'll receive:
- Recommended schools specific to your needs
- A frank look at the challenges and weaknesses of each school
- Insights from parents about what they wish they had known before enrolling
Only available Oct 3-24th. Don't miss out.
Types of schools in Kelowna
There are many different kinds of private and independent schools in Kelowna. Below, we describe some of the main ones.
- Alternative: Alternative schools tend to have curricular and teaching approaches that depart from the mainstream. For example, many offer student-directed, experiential, and inquiry-based learning, with small classes and few whole-class lectures. Alternative schools in Kelowna include Montessori, Waldorf, and Reggio Emilia.
- Special needs: There are both dedicated special needs schools and regular schools which support special needs students in Kelowna, BC. This includes schools supporting learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, and language and visual processing disorders. It also includes schools supporting ADHD, and developmental disabilities, such as autism, Asperger’s, and Down syndrome.
Choosing a Kelowna private school
Kelowna can be a great place to get a private school education. You’ll want to do lots of research before you select a school for your child.
You should take a variety of factors into account. These include the school’s
To learn more about finding the right school, read our choosing guide. You can also read our guide to the top questions to ask private schools.
Benefits of Kelowna schools
Kelowna schools have many perks. Some of these are similar to what you’ll find at other private schools, including
- more control over your child's education,
- smaller class sizes,
- educational programs that meet your child’s needs,
- curricular approaches that match your family's beliefs and values.
On this page, we list private and independent schools in Kelowna, BC. Click on a school profile to learn more about it, and connect directly with a school to set up a visit, tour, and learn how to register your child.