Private School Information
Education in Saint John and New Brunswick
Saint John private schools share in the rich history of education in New Brunswick. In fact, Canada's oldest publicly-funded high school is in Saint John, New Brunswick. With its ever expanding population, Saint John offers a variety of modern educational alternatives including the private schools you find listed below.
Want an insider's perspective? Oct 3 to 24, 2020
Take 90 seconds now, and get free access to the Private School Admissions Pathway, a sequence of virtual events and your own personalized portal to manage your school research and improve your admissions prospects. You'll receive:
- Recommended schools specific to your needs
- A frank look at the challenges and weaknesses of each school
- Insights from parents about what they wish they had known before enrolling
Only available Oct 3-24th. Don't miss out.
The New Brunswick environment
New Brunswick is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in all of the Maritimes, including tourist destinations like the Reversing Falls and the majestic Bay of Fundy. The province's climate is moderated by the Atlantic. The city of Saint John is home to many superb heritage buildings and has a rich cultural heritage. There are historical buildings once owned by political, industrial and shipping leaders, and it is home to one of the largest arrays of 19th century architecture in all of Canada. New Brunswick certainly makes an excellent setting for a private school or boarding school education.
Private school advantages
- Private schools and boarding schools have a reputation for doing a great job of preparing students for university or college. Higher education institutions traditionally carry a higher regard for private school graduates.
- Private schools permit strong parental involvement in their children's education. Parents typically get closely involved in the school community. Private education allows parents to choose schools with the educational or religious perspective that best meets their values.
- Many private schools are able to maintain class order and attend as closely as needed to the individual needs of students, through smaller class sizes. (On the other hand, Montessori schools encourage bigger classes and more interaction among age levels.)
Saint John private schools offer these and the many other advantages of private education. Choose an education that can aptly meets your child(ren)'s individual needs as he or she develops into a contributing member or leader in society.