Private schools in Burnaby, BC
Find the top Burnaby private schools
Burnaby is located in British Columbia, just east of Vancouver. It has the third largest population in BC, and its main neighbourhoods include Central and East Burnaby, Westridge, Capitol Hill, Oakdale, and Vancouver Heights.
Benefits of Burnaby schools
There are many great private and independent schools in Burnaby. These schools tend have challenging academics, lots of extracurriculars, a close-knit community, and a rich student life.
Many Burnaby schools also have benefits shared by some other private schools. Below, we list some of the main ones.
- Strong teaching: Teachers tend to be dedicated, passionate, and highly qualified.
- Small classes: Often classes are small, with low student-to-teacher ratios.
- Individualized instruction: Many teachers tailor instruction to meet each student’s unique learning needs.
- Parent involvement: Schools encourage you to get involved in many aspects of your child’s school life.
- Great resources: This may include sports facilities, art studios, research facilities, libraries, and modern educational technology.
Choosing a Burnaby private school
You’ll want to do plenty of research before you choose a school for your child. This is an important decision which shouldn’t be rushed.
You should look into several schools carefully before making a decision. And make sure to schedule a school visit, take a tour, talk to school officials and parents, and ask lots of questions. You can also check out our comprehensive school profiles, on OurKids.net.
There are several factors that should be considered before choosing a school. Depending on you, your child, and family, some will be more important than others.
Below, we list private and independent schools in Burnaby, BC. Click on a school profile to learn more about it, and connect directly with a school to set up a visit, tour, and learn how to register your child.