Unionville Montessori schools
Find the top Montessori schools in Unionville, Ontario listed below.
Unionville Montessori schools have a specially "prepared environment" with child-size furniture, manipulative, and hand-held objects. This includes Montessori schools in Markham and the nearby regions of Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Stouffville, Miliken, King City, and Woodbridge.
All classroom items are richly textured and aesthetically pleasing to children. Traditional instruction is combined with a range of hands-on activities, cooperative learning and personal discovery.
Montessori teaching is very popular today and almost all countries follow this method of pedagogy. Dr. Maria Montessori initiated the "Montessori Method" on the basis of her observations that education during the formative years is absolutely crucial to a child's development and future success.
Montessori schools in Unionville
The Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators (CCMA) is a registered Canadian, not-for-profit corporation that supports Canadian Montessori administrators and schools. The Montessori Foundation and its membership organization, The International Montessori Council, nurtures, inspires, and supports the development of successful Montessori schools around the world.
All three of these bodies have a say in the legitimation of Montessori schools in Unionville. The Montessori approach followed in these schools prepares children to be interested and active participants in their own education.
Below, find Montessori schools in Unionville, Ontario.
Series: Montessori Schools
- Montessori preschools and daycares
- Montessori elementary schools
- Montessori middle schools
- Montessori high schools
- Montessori: philosophy, education & the method
- Five criticisms of the Montessori method
- Montessori, Waldorf and Reggio Emilia: a comparison of philosophies
- What's the difference between Montessori and preschool?
- Montessori vs. Waldorf schools
- Montessori vs. Reggio Emilia schools
- Montessori school curriculum
- Montessori education and special needs
- Benefits of Montessori education
- Montessori schools versus traditional and progressive schools
- The Montessori approach
- Questions to ask Montessori schools
- Coed Montessori Schools
- AMI Schools and background
- Montessori school teachers