Westmont Montessori School TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
Tuition is always a key concern of parents. The cost of tuition is set by individual schools, and varies widely. It is important to note that tuition does not necessarily cover all costs, and additional fees may apply for other resources or access to facilities at the school. Financial assistance of various kinds is sometimes available.
Day (Half day)
Day (Domestic)Day (Half day)
What Westmont says about their tuition:
Westmont strives for complete clarity in our fee structure. We keep our fees competitive & affordable, & we offer the best sibling discounts in Victoria.
Westmont does offer a bursary program for families.
Other Annual fees and variable charges applied.
2nd child (sibling)
3rd child (sibling)
Need-Based Financial Assistance
Westmont Montessori School's need-based financial aid. Learn this school's average amount of aid offered, the grade levels it offers aid to, and the percentage of eligible families it offers aid to.
Grade range that need-based aid is offered:
PS to 12
Percentage of grade-eligible students receiving financial aid
Average aid package size
Percentage of total enrolment on financial aid
Total aid available
Apply for financial assistance at Westmont Montessori School
This school works with Apple Financial Inc. for processing financial applications Families are required to demonstrate a financial need, which is temporary in nature. Accordingly, bursaries will be awarded to families for a maximum of 2 years. Under exceptional circumstances a family may be awarded a bursary beyond the 2-year maximum.
- Cover letter: In the case of a returning family, due January 31st, or in the case of a new family, at the time of applying for the bursary (once the minimum 90-day attendance period has been met), the bursary applicant family is required to provide the Westmont Montessori School Bursary Committee (the bursary committee) with a cover letter explaining why they have a need for a bursary and why they believe they qualify. The cover letter should also include a plan outlining how the family will pay tuition fees once the bursary period expires. This letter must demonstrate the applicant family’s commitment and proposed contribution to Westmont Montessori School.
- In addition to providing the cover letter mentioned above, all bursary applicants are required to complete the bursary application, via the Apple Financial Services website. The online bursary application deadline is also January 31st.
Merit-Based Financial Assistance
Westmont Montessori School's merit-based scholarships. Learn about the different types of scholarships this school offers, how much they're worth, and their application details.
Westmont Prize (Academic)
Application Deadline: N/A
Eligibility Details: Students from Gr. 7 to 12 are eligible.
Annual 1 day design competition open to all students grade 7-12 in Westshore
Teams of 4 sign up online, $120 entry fee, multi-age teams encouraged, pre-work required
Focus is on quality of teamwork, process, ideation, and presentation. Less so on final idea.
Panel of local experts/notables judge presentations
Theme changes each year
Partner for visibility/credibility. Eg. Suzuki Foundation, Sierra Club, UVic
Prize to winning team of $10,000 scholarships to university/school of choice
More information about this opportunity is provided here: westmontprize.ca
Eligibility Details: Students from Gr. 12 are eligible.
1. High and well-rounded academic achievement.
2. Enrollment in UVic or Camosun College.
3. Student has consistently demonstrated commendable citizenship within the WMS community
4. A student record embodying the Montessori philosophy of independence, compassion for others, problem-solving, a sense of community, and global awareness.
Candidates must, by April 8, 2022, submit an application and supplementary materials to the Westmont Montessori School Guidance Counsellor who will then in turn submit all applications to the WMS Scholarship Committee:
1. A completed application form
2. Separate references from a WMS educator and from a community member; and