Private School Information
For parents and families looking for Montreal schools, there are many options. Aside from public schools in Montreal, there are many private schools that can offer your child(ren) programs and specializations that may not be available elsewhere. Before your finalize your school choice, be sure to consider private schools; investigate our list of Montreal schools (including high schools)! Our Kids has covered the world of Canadian private schools, including schools in Montreal, for over a decade. With school fairs, an annual magazine, and this website, we have a bounty of information that will help parents choose the Montreal school that is best for them.
Every September, Our Kids hosts a Montreal Private School Expo. Register Now!
Things to consider as you find the best Montreal school for your child(ren)
As you consider the choice between a private school or public school in Montreal, consider the following discussion points:
- What variety of means does the school use to inform families of student progress?
- What is its reputation within the larger community of Montreal, and also within the education community (including higher education institutions, as well as other schools in Montreal and area)?
- As you speak with administration, teachers, and other staff at the school, how do you feel about the attitudes and philosophies they express?
- How convenient is each of the Montreal schools you investigate, in terms of location, after-school care, and any other issues that are important to you?
- What makes the school unique? How important are its unique factors for you or your child(ren)?
- How well does the school keep its technology, sports facilities, and grounds up-to-date and accessible?
Please consider all your options when it comes to Montreal schools, including the private and independent schools listed on this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Montreal schools are there?
There are 11 Montreal schools that are Our Kids trusted members.
How much is tuition at Montreal schools?
Tuition fees for Montreal schools range from $9,950 to $62,797 per year with an average tuition of $19,097 per year.
What’s the largest school?
Of the Montreal schools, the largest is Lower Canada College with 855 students in Grades K to 12.
Are Montreal schools good?
We interviewed both parents and students. You can read reviews about Montreal schools on this page.
Is there a private school expo where I can meet with Montreal schools?
Yes. You can meet with private schools and education experts at the Our Kids Private School Expos held every year in September and October. These events are designed for both parents and students. Find event details and ticket info here.