Private schools in the USA
Find the top American private schools for US and international students
There are lots of great private schools in the United States. This includes private schools on the US east coast, such as in the states of New York, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New England, Maine, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. It also includes schools in other areas of the US, such as in Wisconsin, Washington, Florida, and California.
Benefits of American private schools
Private schools in the United States can be a nice option for US residents. They can also be ideal for international and foreign students, including those from Canada, Europe, and elsewhere.
American private schools have many of the same benefits as those in Canada and elsewhere:
- Smaller classes
- Individualized instruction
- Dedicated teachers
- Community environment
- Extracurricular activities
Many of these schools are also world-renown. They have a reputation for providing a first-class education that provides excellent preparation for university, college, and the world of work. This is true for both American residents and foreign and international students.
Types of private schools in the US
Like other countries, the United States offers a wide range of different types of private schools. Some of the main types offered include the following:
- Boarding schools: This includes international travel schools and military schools.
- International Baccalaureate schools: This includes schools with the IB primary, middle years, and diploma program.
- Special needs schools: This includes schools supporting students with learning disabilities (such as ADHD and dyslexia), developmental disabilities (such as autism and Aspergers), and physical disabilities (such as deafness, blindness, and cerebral palsy).
- Gifted and advanced learning schools: This includes schools dedicated to gifted education, schools with gifted programs, and schools offering Advanced Placement courses.
- Faith-based schools: This includes Christian, Catholic, Jewish, and Islamic schools.
- Alternative schools: This includes Montessori, Waldorf, and Reggio Emilia schools and preschools.
Below, check out our list of private schools in the United States. Click on a school profile to learn more about it.