Private School Information
Parents in these two cities choose private schools for a multitude of reasons, which include some of the following:
- Private schools encourage or allow parents to participate in their son or daughter's education. Parents are often closely involved in the school community and choose schools with the religious or educational perspective they want for their children.
- Parents have the freedom to choose from many private school options, as school zones are not a limitation. As such, you can send your child to an institution that shares your values, beliefs or outlook on education. Special needs education and gifted kids' programs are also an option.
- Small class sizes ensure that instructors can attend to individual student's needs. Classrooms are easier to monitor.
- Private schools have the resources to attract some of the top teachers in the country.
University or college acceptance rates are really high amongst private school graduates, as private schools typically do an exemplary job of preparing students for university or college. Higher education institutions around the world often view private schools in a very high regard.
Whitby and Oshawa are subject to Ontario's provincial regulations. Private high schools in particular have the most stringent standards. To give out credits that can appear on a diploma, they must receive a proper license from the province.
Private School Financing
Private schools have become more affordable today than ever. However, beyond reasonable tuition prices, there are other ways through which you could pay for private school. Here are some such methods:
- Merit-based scholarships are offered by schools or external organizations for many different reasons. Academic, artistic, sports, community involvement, and essay writing competition scholarships are all quite common.
- Financial aid is available through schools and charitable organizations. Most schools have stringent deadlines for bursary applications, so apply on-time.
- Sibling discounts usually increase according to the number of children you send to a school
- Ontario offers plenty of private school tax breaks. A religious school tuition may count as a charitable donation, which you will receive a tax break for. And, the province might help you pay for a school for students with special needs (on a medical basis).
To meet in person with representatives from private schools in Whitby and Oshawa, check out one of our annual private school expos, including our GTA school expo.