Alberta special needs schools
Find special needs schools in Alberta listed below.
With a high quality of education and private schools that top school rankings, Alberta is a great province to send your child to a special needs school. Residents in cities such as Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and Banff may enjoy a lower cost of living without provincial or harmonized sales taxes. As a result, for many parents with special needs children, private or independent schools may be a more affordable option offering invaluable resources that foster children's academic, social and personal success.
How special needs schools foster academic success
Because of small class sizes, teachers can provide individualized attention for each student to ensure that he or she does not fall behind. In addition, staff at special needs schools are trained to deal with a wide range of issues, such as ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or ADD (attention deficit disorder), Asperger's syndrome (AS), and autism spectrum disorders (ASD). While public schools may also have professionally-trained teachers, they may not be able to provide sufficient attention and support for special needs children, since they typically have larger class sizes.
To learn more about special needs school benefits, in Alberta and elsewhere, read our guide.
How special needs programs nurture social skills
Supportive learning environment
At many Alberta special needs schools, small class sizes allow education to become a participatory and collaborative process in which all students learn from each other and encourage one another to succeed.
Many private or independent special needs schools in Alberta have small enrolment numbers. These schools are small communities where everybody knows each other, rather than large intimidating institutions.
How special needs programs encourage personal success
The combination of academic and social development breeds personal success. Education is not only about getting good grades. It's about being well-rounded and preparing students for life outside the classroom. Indeed, private and independent schools mold individuals with character, emotional intelligence, and the essential life skills needed for future success.
Tips and resources to pay for private school in Alberta
If you are concerned about private school costs, browse our database of scholarships and bursaries and learn the essential tips to help pay for tuition. Investigate the scholarships, bursaries and resources available in the community. For instance, the Prosser Charitable Foundation's Parent's Choice Bursary covers up to $3,500 of tuition annually per student for private schools not funded by any regional school board in the Calgary area.
Series: Special Needs Schools
- What is a special needs school?
- How do special needs schools support students?
- What are the main pros and cons of special needs schools?
- What makes for the best special needs school?
- Physical disability schools
- Developmental disability schools
- Special needs schools in Ontario
- Special needs schools in Toronto
- Special needs schools in Ottawa
Special needs schools
- Special needs schools
- Learning disabilities schools
- Physical disabilities schools
- Behavioural and emotional disorder schools
- Developmental disabilities schools
- Special needs boarding schools
- Special needs boys' schools
- Special needs coed schools
- Ottawa special needs schools
- Special needs day schools
- Alberta special needs schools
- British Columbia special needs schools
- Maritimes special needs schools
- Ontario special needs schools
- Quebec special needs schools
- Special needs schools in Saskatchewan
- USA special needs schools
- Toronto special needs schools
- Montreal special needs schools
- Vancouver special needs schools
- Mississauga special needs schools
- Calgary special needs schools
- Edmonton special needs schools
- Victoria special needs schools
- London special needs schools