Maritimes special needs schools
Find special needs schools in the Maritimes provinces listed below.
Canada's Maritime Provinces — New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Islands, and Newfoundland — are home to some excellent special needs private schools. These schools foster an environment geared toward dealing with particular special needs including anything from Asperger's syndrome to Down's syndrome.
Here, teachers are trained in any type of disorder or issue that a student might have and thus will understand how to respond to difficulties your child may experience. Each school's admission team completes an identification, placement, and review process through which it determines what a given student's learning expectations are and how the school will ensure that the child meets them. Indeed, enrolling at a special needs school is like being given a roadmap — filled with alternate routes — at the beginning of a challenging journey.
Benefits of private special needs schools in the Maritimes
Small class sizes, numerous opportunities for extra help, and an education tailored to each student and their wide spectrum of needs will ensure that your child and his or her classmates are focused on their education. In contrast, at another type of school, your child may simply get lost amidst a more general and large-scale curriculum.
Learning outside of Class
Private special needs schools in the Maritimes have the capacity to offer numerous extracurricular activities and life skills education opportunities. Indeed, these schools do not merely provide you with academic knowledge. They also teach you about how to succeed in the world outside of school.
Affording school tuition
In the Maritimes, faith-based schools (such as Christian and Catholic schools) are typically the least expensive private school options. However, there are other types of special needs private schools that can be affordable. You should inquire about scholarships and bursaries for special needs schools, as well as any support that may be available from organizations within or outside of your community. Many corporations, for example, allocate money to educational causes, so you may wish to do some research in that area.
Why live in the Maritimes?
If you are not from the Maritimes, you want to know why sending your child to a school in one of its four provinces would be a sagacious decision. While New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia all have plenty of things to discover, there are two central benefits to a special needs education in the Maritimes.
First, you will live in the midst of much beauty! Simply put, you could receive an excellent education while surrounded by nature.
Second and even more importantly, the Maritimes has an oceanic climate! In other words, summers will be warm, but not suffocating, while winters will be cool, but not bitter. This climate is particularly valuable to students with special needs who benefit from moderation in any form. In this climate, they will have more time to play outside, stay active, and be social than they would in any other province across Canada.
To learn more about promoting the development of a child with special needs, read our guide.
Series: Special Needs Schools
- What is a special needs school?
- How do special needs schools support students?
- What are the main pros and cons of special needs schools?
- What makes for the best special needs school?
- Physical disability schools
- Developmental disability schools
- Special needs schools in Ontario
- Special needs schools in Toronto
- Special needs schools in Ottawa
Special needs schools
- Special needs schools
- Learning disabilities schools
- Physical disabilities schools
- Behavioural and emotional disorder schools
- Developmental disabilities schools
- Special needs boarding schools
- Special needs boys' schools
- Special needs coed schools
- Ottawa special needs schools
- Special needs day schools
- Alberta special needs schools
- British Columbia special needs schools
- Maritimes special needs schools
- Ontario special needs schools
- Quebec special needs schools
- Special needs schools in Saskatchewan
- USA special needs schools
- Toronto special needs schools
- Montreal special needs schools
- Vancouver special needs schools
- Mississauga special needs schools
- Calgary special needs schools
- Edmonton special needs schools
- Victoria special needs schools
- London special needs schools