Victoria Private Schools
Find schools in Victoria BC listed below.
If you are searching for private schools in Victoria, British Columbia, you will find a plethora of diverse options, including Montessori schools, faith-based schools and alternative schools.
Private School Information
You can also learn more about private education options in Victoria and the area at the annual Vancouver Private School Expo, where you can meet many leading day schools and boarding schools from across B.C.
Provincial Grants for Private School Tuition
B.C., in part, provides grants to many of the province's best private schools. Indeed, 85 per cent of British Columbia's private schools receive some provincial funding, which totals over $150 million in yearly spending.
There are ways to make private school affordable in British Columbia. B.C. may give you tax credits in two specific situations. First, if you send your child to a religious or faith-based school, its tuition may count as a charitable donation that you will receive a tax break for. Likewise, if you enroll your child in a school for students with special needs, you may be able to claim a medical tax benefit.
Other Ways to Pay for Private School
- B.C.'s private schools will also help you fund your child's education through scholarships and bursaries. These grants usually have strict deadlines.
- If you live in a community that could not adequately serve your child, local organizations, such as the Rotary Club, may help pay part of your child's tuition.
- Many corporations allocate funds for education-based causes.
- Learn how government support, scholarships, bursaries and other savings strategies can help you pay for private school tuition.
Searching for a Private School in Victoria
As you would in any city in British Columbia, it is best to find schools registered with the British Columbia Board of Education. You may also follow these tips:
- Be sure to talk to a school's teachers, administrators, students and their parents.
- Create a list of what you look for in a school. Is distance a concern for you? What is your ideal class size? What is the school's guiding educational philosophy?
- Visit various schools. Compare and contrast different private schools in your area, especially regarding their education and facilities.
Benefits of Private School
Victoria's private schools offer numerous unique benefits. Some of these include:
- Victoria, the capital city of British Columbia, was named the best place to live in Canada in 2009, with its beautiful weather, low unemployment rate and reasonable cost of living
- Small class sizes
- Many opportunities for extra help
- A capacity to provide your child with a variety of extracurricular activities.
Click on the links below to learn more about private schools in Victoria.
List of Victoria Private Schools
1080 Lucas Avenue,
St. Margaret's School (est. 1908) is an independent school in Victoria, BC, offering empowering education for girls from JK to Grade 12. At SMS, girls don't just get equal opportunity; they get every opportunity. [view profile]
- Day & Boarding
- JK to 12 (Girls)
801 Bank Street,
Glenlyon Norfolk School, a day school in Victoria, BC, provides International Baccalaureate programs from JK to Grade 12. GNS offers 5- and 7-day Family Boarding options for students who are not residents of Victoria. [view profile]
- Day & Homestay
- JK to 12 (Coed)
3400 Richmond Road,
St. Michaels University School offers programs from kindergarten to grade 12 in Victoria. Its average class size is 18 to 20 students. [view profile]
- Day & Boarding
- K to 12 (Coed)
- $15,290 - $46,120
|Ask a Question|
|Ask a question and get it answered in our community Q&A section|
|Get News & Updates|
|Sign up for our free|
e-Newsletter to get news straight to your inbox
|Meet With Schools|
|Come to our Canada-wide Private School Expos to meet with top schools|