Benefits of schools in Durham
You can find a first-rate private school for your child in Durham, Ontario. Whether you’re in need of a preschool for your toddler, or a high school for your teenager, you’re sure to find some great options.
Private schools in Durham, Ontario have plenty of perks. In fact, they tend to have many of the same benefits as other private schools.
Below, we list some of the main benefits of Durham schools. Keep in mind, this isn’t an exhaustive list.
- Challenging academics: Schools tend to meet and surpass Ontario provincial curriculum standards, and many offer special needs support and enrichment opportunities.
- Community: A close-knit and vibrant student and parent community is the norm.
- Extracurriculars: This can include after-school clubs, sports teams, art and music programs, and many other options.
- Strong teaching: Teachers tend to be top-notch: well-trained, experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated.
- Small classes: Many schools have small classes, with low student-to-teacher ratios. This can lead to an intimate and engaging learning environment.
- Personalized instruction: With smaller classes and the right expertise, teaching can be tailored to meet the unique learning needs of individual students.
- Parent involvement: Schools encourage you to get involved in many aspects of your child’s school life.
- Great resources: This may include sports facilities, art studios, research facilities, libraries, and modern educational technology.
Choosing a Durham private school
Independent schools are always near the top of the list among the best schools in Durham region, especially boarding schools in Durham, but also Montessori, troubled teen, learning disability, IB, and Christian schools. In your decision process, make sure you include several schools in your shortlist. You should visit schools, take tours, talk to school officials and parents, and ask schools lots of questions. You can also check out our comprehensive school profiles, on OurKids.net.
Before choosing a school, consider what’s important to you, your child, and your family. A wide range of factors will need to be considered. Some of the more important ones may include:
- Your family’s beliefs and values
- Your child’s learning needs and abilities
- Your child’s social and emotional needs
As far as schools themselves go, you may want to consider (among other things):
Frequently Asked Questions
How many private schools in Durham, Ontario are there?
There are 8 private schools in Durham, Ontario that are Our Kids trusted members.
How much is tuition at private schools in Durham, Ontario?
Tuition fees for private schools in Durham, Ontario range from $12 to $70,625 per year with an average tuition of $14,563 per year.
What’s the largest school?
Of the private schools in Durham, Ontario, the largest is Blaisdale Montessori School with 750 students in Grades Nursery/Toddler to 8.
Are private schools in Durham, Ontario good?
We interviewed both parents and students. You can read reviews about private schools in Durham, Ontario on this page.
Is there a private school expo where I can meet with private schools in Durham, Ontario?
Yes. You can meet with private schools and education experts at the Our Kids Private School Expos held every year in September and October. These events are designed for both parents and students. Find event details and ticket info here.