Click on this link for all of our information on our half-day and full-day programs we have to offer during our 2022 Summer Camp!
For this week's full-day session, enjoy our Tech program for the morning session. Then, choose either our Leadership OR Language Arts program for the afternoon session.
Game Asset Design for the Metaverse
Welcome to Metaverse Gaming and how to earn cryptocurrency from building and selling your own 3D game assets. In this course, students are introduced to free leading software that allows them to create, rig, and animate their own 3D voxel based NFTs. Learn all about this new technology, what an NFT is and how to sell them on The Sandbox's marketplace or other gaming metaverse worlds.
By the end of this course, students will be introduced to the fundamentals of game 3D Voxel asset design and the technology to mint and sell the creations.
Areas of Focus:
- What is an NFT, what is minting and what are game tokens on the blockchain
- Students are introduced to leading voxel art programs that are free to access and cross platform
- Students are introduced to game maker software to try out their creations in gaming environments
- Various marketplaces in the metaverse are looked at together with the cryptocurrency tokens that drive their games.
- A look at play to earn models, building gaming guilds, and other benefits to becoming part of these networks
Teacher Expertise: Charles Rotenberg began teaching cryptocurrency and blockchain technology to students in 2020 focusing on the new financial literacy and emerging markets due to blockchain technology. Over the years, he has provided technology instruction to thousands of students throughout his teaching career in Los Angeles and Toronto. Voxel Art creation is a specialized area of computer assisted design and is now exploding due to the link to blockchain technology. Whether you are a budding computer artist, or a future entrepreneur, this course will surely excite your passion.
Language Arts Program
The Maze Runner: Comparative Essay
The Page to Screen Club is a chance for students to engage with incredible, youth-focused science fiction novels that have been adapted into major feature films! We will examine the differences between each medium, where authorial/directorial choices diverge and why, and ultimately decide how successful each adaptation was. Movie-lovers unite!
Areas of Focus | Students will get to:
- Watch excellent movie adaptations of significant science fiction franchises
- Gain a deeper understanding of the film-making/adapting process
- Discuss major themes
- Design a new Movie Poster
Main Skills to be taught and practiced:
- Critical Analysis
- Comparative writing
- Poster Design
New York Times Review - Review the movie as a junior editor for the New York Times Entertainment section
The Maze Runner, by James Dashner
This summer, we will take your child’s worst stumbling blocks and make them their building blocks where they can transition from surviving to thriving. Your children will leave the summer camp with a renewed confidence and a honed skill level that will stretch out into every area of their life, such as: in their school presentations, theatre, political debates, or even perhaps stand-up comedy one day. This camp experience will be nothing short of transformational and will leave your child with the building blocks to be a REAL Success.
Areas of Focus:
- Focused practices on major leadership skills
- Memorization techniques, human relation practices and acting out real world situations
- A taste of leadership training with Dale Carnegie and John Maxwell techniques
- Ability to engage with an audience with high empathy
- Public speaking and debating with comfort & confidence
- inspire students to take responsibility for their lives now
- develop an effective attitude towards life and work
- impromptu speeches, prepared speeches, and debating