Find summer camps and kids camps in London, Ontario and surrounding area here! Camp offers a structured environment where parents can know that their kids are in good hands. They get away from screens and get themselves outdoors. While camp has benefits to kids and teens’ development and personal growth, the main attraction for them is the fun they will have.
Types of kids' camps in London
In the city of London, you'll find camps scheduled throughout the summer weeks. Camp has changed much in the past few decades, offering a wide variety of activities and focuses that meet many different interests. Some of the more popular camps available now include soccer camps, Minecraft camps, maker camps, LEGO camps, and STEM camps. Why limit yourself to one interest? In the list below, pick out any interest and discover a list of programs focused on that (top of the linked list, and further down that list camps that offer it as one activity among others.
Sports camps in London
There's a great variety of kids' sports camps these days. Camp helps kids develop skills, often learned from local coaching and training experts. It's also a ton of fun to meet and play alongside the best kids in your peer group from all over the city. Check out the array of sports listed below, pick out your favourites, and find camps focused on that sport (at top of the list linked) or at least offer it as an activity (further down lists).
Education camps in London and Middlesex
Educational opportunities in London kids' camps have also expanded significantly in recent years. Summer can be a time to continue learning and deepening interests and passions, instead of letting academics slip. Whatever you love learning about, you'll find a camp that teaches it. Links below go to lists of camps specialized in the subject listed as well as (further down the linked lists) camps that offer it as one activity among a variety.
Computer and technology camps in London and Middlesex
Tech camps for younger kids throughout London and Middlesex focus on gaming and building programs. Older kids and advanced learners will find camps that teach a variety of programming languages and related emerging technologies. Tech camps combine practical—even career-oriented—learning with fun. Find your interest below and find camps teaching that, either in a dedicated fashion (top of linked lists) or as an activity (further down lists).
Arts camps in London and Middlesex
Cultivate your artistic passions at the camps linked to below. Arts camps encourage young people to explore their interests for a week or longer. Click on your favourite activity below and find camps in London that focus on that interest (top of the list) or at least offer it as one activity among others on the schedule (further down the page).
Exceptional needs camps in London and Middlesex
London area kids and teens with developmental or physical challenges can find camps focused on their needs—or at least supporting those—in lists linked to below. Camps offer accessible facilities and specially-trained counselors. They'll also have a small counselor-to-kid ratio that facilitates proper attention and care.
More camp types available in London and Middlesex:
How to find a good camp
When choosing a camp, keep these considerations in mind:
Safety and discipline matters
- Consider the safety measures in place. Ask the camp about police checks for counselors. Enquire about their training in dealing with discipline issues. Ask about counselor-to-camper ratios.
- Inquire about grouping of kids. Ask what limits the camp sets on kids per session. Find out if kids are grouped at all, for example, by gender or age range. See if you can meet the counselor or leader managing the group your child is in.
Consider food and drink matters
- Make sure you know camp rules about food and snacks. Know their policy about allergies, such as nuts and other products. Ask if kids are allowed to bring their own snacks.
- Are kids allowed and/or encouraged to hydrate freely on hot days?
- Does the camp's pick-up and drop-off mesh with your schedule? Be sure you know the camp’s hard and fast rules about morning drop-off and end-of-day pick-up times.
- Consider some prosaic legalities. If you have to sign a waiver with lots of fine print, ask them to summarize it. Ensure that they are accredited by the OCA or another respected body.
- Inquire about the schedule breakdown by specific activity. Consider how much your child can indulge in his or her favourite sports, games, etc.
Matters related to ESL and exceptional needs
What provisions does the camp have for kids with special needs? How will these affect your child’s enjoyment of the camp? Are there going to be Education Assistants or Personal Service Workers present and/or available, if needed?
Combine this list with other information in our guide:
Frequently Asked Questions
How many London & area day camps are there?
There are 7 London & area day camps that are Our Kids trusted members. Use the filters to narrow options by age or type, then click on each organization to read reviews, browse program schedules, and access registration details.
What are the fees to attend London & area day camps?
Fees for London & area day camps range from $100 to $4,000 per program (program types and lengths vary). Use the filters here to narrow programs by age and type.
What age do London & area day camps start at?
There are programs available for children starting at age 2. Family and adult programs are also available.