To ensure that our students and our staff have a safe, nurturing environment, we have implemented numerous policies so we can continue to safely welcome students into our kitchen, without risking the health of our LKA Community.
At Little Kitchen Academy, our curriculum already provides a physically distant workspace and we strictly limit our class sizes to at most 10 students. Some of our other COVID-19 safety protocols include:
- welcoming students at the front door and not inviting parents/caregivers into our environment, no exceptions
- asking if any student is showing any cold or flu symptoms as they enter, and if so, requesting them to go home until symptoms are gone
- providing hand sanitizer as students enter the environment
- having our instructors wear masks, except when eating or tasting our ingredients during class
- providing a physically distant space while ‘shopping’ for our ingredients.
- setting our workstations instead of the community table to eat our meals to maintain physical distance
adding extra hand-washing breaks during our work period
- all LKA employees are vaccinated – no exceptions
We continue to meticulously clean and professionally sanitize our entire environment in between classes and are constantly learning and adapting more ways we can improve.
View recent COVID-19 updates from Little Kitchen Academy - Oakville South