The Ranch provides a unique camp experience. The option of multi-age weeks provides shared opportunities together for different ages. Includes BBQ lunch on Friday. Bring your own lunch Monday to Thursday. Bring your own water bottle (with your name on it) every day.
Our counsellors are highly motivated, child/youth oriented, creative and enthusiastic.
- Horseback riding
- Swimming in our salt-water pool
- Cooperative games
- Mini-putt golf
* All activities will be managed following Covid-19 Guidelines
What to bring
- Camera (marked with your name)
- Bible, notebook, pen
- Own water bottle, labelled with name
- Additional footwear i.e., athletic shoes, sandals, flip flops
- BOOTS FOR RIDING (min. ½ inch heel, no platforms)
- Long pants for riding
- Shorts, t-shirts for activities
- Raincoat (no ponchos)
- Jacket/sweatshirt as needed
- One-piece bathing suit, towel, goggles
- Masks & gloves optional – supply your own
- Hat, sunscreen, bug repellent, lip balm
- Staff will have their temperatures taken each day using a non-contact thermometer.
- Upon arrival all campers will be screened and non-contact thermometers will be used to take their temperature. Hand sanitizer will be placed at the screening area.
- If your camper is not feeling well please do not bring them to camp.
- No visitors will be allowed on RRR premises during camp.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day. This includes the reins, horn, pommel of the saddle and riding helmets.
- Frequent handwashing will be encouraged and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Ranch buildings.
- Campers will be divided into groups/cohorts with the same staff. These groups will be consistent throughout the week and will maintain proper distancing both within their own group and the larger camp.
- At lunch councillors will retrieve the bin assigned to their group and deliver it to the area where they have been assigned. They will be the only ones touching the items and giving it to the proper owner. Please make sure your camper’s lunch is in a proper lunch bag/box with their name on it.
- Each group will have its own activity equipment whenever possible. If not the equipment will be cleaned and sanitized before the next group uses it.
- While close contact might be unavoidable among members of the group, physical distancing, and safety etiquette will be encouraged where possible.
- Face masks (provide your own) should be worn when physical distancing of at least 2 metres cannot be maintained between groups.
- Groups will NOT mix with other groups at any time.
- There will be no mixing of cohorts in washrooms/changerooms. These will be frequently cleaned and disinfected.
- The Tuck Shop will be available. One camper at a time will be served by a staff who will be wearing gloves and a mask. One staff serving only ice cream and one staff serving other items.
- At the Friday BBQ (providing food only) the counsellor will be the only one touching/serving condiments. Staff, wearing gloves, will serve food items from the BBQ. Each camper must have their own drink bottle that is labelled with their name and kept with them during the day.
For full details please go to our website: https://rockyridgeranch.org/