Increase your design drawing accuracy quickly!
Visualize your ideas via concept sketches.
This course complements the Architecture and Design Portfolios course. We recommend taking these two courses together.
Learn how to increase your drawing accuracy under the expert guidance of PortPrep’s head portfolio coach and fundamentals instructor, Karen Kesteloot. She can help you develop an effective approach to design drawing using sound methodology that will yield better results in less time. Karen’s approach to teaching design drawing helps students attain a higher level of understanding and accuracy in less time than conventional drawing instruction methods.
Design drawing differs from other types of artistic drawing and needs a different approach. In this course you will learn how to visualize and sketch your design ideas via both loose concept sketches and more tightly defined structural drawings. Designers need to develop the ability to think in both 2D and in 3D modes and capture the design process into visual presentations that communicate their thought process to the viewer. Design portfolios that show case this process get noticed by the review committee.
You’ll leave this course with:
- Greater confidence in your drawing abilities and belief in your future in the visual arts
- Several ways to use line in order to convey depth and shadow.
- Greater clarity on how to proceed with making the drawings for your portfolio
- An ability to draw furniture and use the methods taught to visualize your own design ideas.
- A general understanding of both 1 and 2 point perspective and foreshortening.
- A basic understanding of how to create depth and form in geometric object and perspective drawings
- A strong foundational drawing methodology to follow that’s applicable to any subject
- An ability to see and draw the shapes and proportions of any subject you choose to draw with increasing accuracy
Register for Intro or Full Level to start any time!
Register for Basic Level group classes every semester season: spring, summer, fall and winter.
A group poll is taken to select the day and time of the class to suit the schedules of the participants. So no matter what time zone you live in, we can select a time that works for everyone! Register now to hold your spot! Once we receive enough registrations, we will run the course. Course Length: 8 Weeks