This program is intended to support Rundle’s newest students’ transition to the College Kindergarten program. However, the camp is suitable to prepare all young children to attend kindergarten programs in the fall. We will provide campers with fun summer practice activities to extend the learning through to September. All campers will receive a camp t-shirt and a progress report to help identify areas of success and growth for your child.
Getting Ready to Learn
As your preschooler is getting ready to go to kindergarten, this camp helps them to sharpen their literacy, math, and writing skills in fun and developmentally appropriate ways.
- Math Centre helps children develop math skills with a variety of materials and fun strategies.
- Letter and Sounds Centre promotes basic phonics and a love of books.
- Writing Centre encourages beginning letter formation through fun early writing activities.
Getting Ready for Friendships and Play
To ready your preschooler for kindergarten, this camp will help them sharpen their cooperative problem solving and communication skills and encourage creativity in fun and developmentally appropriate ways.
- Cooperation Station helps children work on their communication and courteous language skills.
- Creation Station presents free-choice art experiences to develop creativity and personal expression.
- STEAM Station provides these young students with opportunities to jump into cooperative STEAM projects to promote group problem solving and design thinking.
- Construction Zone Play where children will enjoy building theme-free play on our grounds.
- Wellness Centre promotes daily quiet time through yoga and music.
NOTE: Child care is available after camp until 3:30 pm for $35/week