Get your app development skills off the ground,
DESIGN YOUR OWN APP THIS SUMMER!
- BUILD REAL WORKING APPS!
- DESIGN YOUR OWN APP!
- DEVELOP A COMPUTATIONAL THINKING MINDSET
- GAIN EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE NEST, OUR COMMUNITY OF YOUNG CODERS!
- LEARN THE CORE CONCEPTS OF CODING IN SWIFT
- LEARN THE BASICS OF GIT + GITHUB TO MANAGE CODE AND DEVELOP TEAM COLLABORATION SKILLS
With guidance from an Apple certified instructor, students will learn how iOS apps are built and even build real working apps themselves using the official Apple curriculum.
- Students will have a one-on-one session with their instructor during the week
- Students will also be able to communicate with their instructor throughout the week, who will be available for clarification and to answer questions
- Classes take place over Zoom, with an industry expert
- No previous knowledge in coding required, however a familiarity with coding concepts is an asset
- As there is some self-guided learning required for this course, we generally suggest an age range of 16 - 18.*
*Age range is a suggestion, not a rule. If you would like to know if the course is right for your child, please contact the course instructor to discuss.
Students will need:
- A Mac (running macOS 11.0 or later)
- A stable internet connection
- The free app “Xcode”*, installed on their Mac (not compatible with PC/Windows)
- Zoom - installed on your Mac
This course uses a flipped classroom to learn more about how a flipped classroom works and why it is beneficial for our students, please visit the course webpage.
iOS Development students will also gain access to a private community of other students studying iOS app development through our Discord Server, The Nest. Please visit the Swift Kids website to learn more about our fun and inclusive community.
We can’t wait for your iOS app development journey to take flight!