Here comes the FUN! An amazing line-up of 23.24 Drama School classes is on sale now! New this year, we’re offering two 12-week sessions from September to June. Students will get creative, discover new and fun ways to express themselves, and perform on a YPT stage for family and friends in the session finales! See details below.
Saturday classes for Toddlers to Gr. 12 take place in brand new classrooms at YPT 161 Studios (161 Frederick Street) – just across the street from our theatre on Front Street East.
Please Note: New students are welcome throughout the year; however each session builds upon the last. Enrolling in both sessions provides the most comprehensive learning experience.
Session 1: September – December
In Session 1 students will…
- Build core theatre skills in movement, voice and character
- Develop confidence and creativity through drama exercises, games and improv activities
- Work collaboratively with their peers to foster teamwork, confidence and trust
- Develop their theatrical thinking by working with their peers and professional artist educators to create a presentation for the Mid-Year Performance in December
- Play drama games, laugh with new friends – and have fun!
- Please note there are no classes on Oct. 7, 2023
- Final performances take place on the weekend of Dec. 16-17, 2023.
Session 2: February/March – June
In Session 2 students will…
- Build upon their theatrical skills from Session 1 and learn how to transform their unique ideas into a performance!
- Continue to expand their movement, voice, character, and improv skills through new games and activities
- Collaborate to create their own play, with a unique plot and characters and perform it on stage on the final weekend of the session
- Expand their confidence
- Develop performance skills such as projection and stage presence
- Play drama games, laugh with friends – and have fun!
- Please note there are no classes on Mar. 16, Mar. 30 & May 18, 2024
- Final performances take place on the weekend of June 8-9, 2024.
For more information, click here.