This course teaches basic robotic components and functions in an immersive classroom setting. Through hands on building and coding challenges, students learn how to use block-based programming and mechanical design to navigate their autonomous robots.
After this course, students may be eligible to join our competition teams.
- Build basic rover bot
- Flow programming concepts
- Mobility commands
- Control statements
- Displays and personalization
- Arm attachment
- Controlled navigation
- Intelligent robots
- Touch sensor
- Ultrasonic sensor
- Colour sensor
- Gyro sensor
- Conditional statements
- Decision making using sensor
- Feedback loop control
- Guided path navigation
- Summative challenge
- Recognize robotic components and functions
- Understand and learn to use programming concepts using controlled navigation
- Recognize and choose appropriate sensors for specific environment
- Decision making capability to make robot autonomous
- Control feedback system to regulate autonomous movement
- Track environment markings and navigate in a controlled space
- Learn to work as a team, manage work, persist and problem solve
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: Frankland Community School at 816 Logan Ave., Toronto, ON
- Saturdays: Withrow Park Clubhouse at 725 Logan Ave., Toronto, ON
Program Fee: $180 per month (90 minute session per week)
When: Visit our website at www.zebrarobotics.com for the current class schedule.
Registration is open year-round. Contact us to book a complimentary trial class!
Why Zebra Robotics?
- Small groups for more personalized instruction
- Self-paced learning
- Certified and supportive coaches
- Renowned robotics competition awards at regional, national & international levels