On now. Don’t miss it.
Must attend event for parents & students
- Meet with all the top schools in just one day.
- Attend info seminars with education experts.
- Consult with school heads and admissions teams.
Oakville Private Schools
Find Oakville schools listed below.
There a great private schools in Oakville, Ontario. This includes private schools in Old Oakville, Uptown Core, College Park, Palermo, River Oaks, Glen Abbey, and Clearview.
I want every child who walks through our doors to feel comfortable, valued and inspired."
Sending your son or daughter to a private school in Oakville, gives him or her numerous unique benefits. Some of these advantages include:
- Private schools offer educational programs that meet children's unique needs and aptitudes. Instead of just teaching a standardized curriculum, instructors focus on the strengths and weaknesses of each student and tailor their classes accordingly. Small class sizes allow staff to give specific attention to everyone in their classes.
- When needed, Oakville's private schools will provide your child with extra help outside of class.
- Private schools teach from a perspective that matches your family's beliefs or ideals (i.e., Christian, Catholic, Montessori, Waldorf, boys, and girls).
- Private schools in Oakville give you an opportunity to talk to your child's instructors, so both of you can identify strong points and areas that need improvement.
Read more about the advantages of private education.
Oakville's private schools continue to become more affordable than they have been in the past. Tuition ranges from as low as $5,900, and some schools will help you pay for your child's private school through scholarships and financial aid. In addition, if you send multiple children to a private school in Oakville, you could receive a sibling discount.
Types of Private Schools
These schools offer small class sizes, plenty of extracurricular activities, and many of the other commonly cited benefits of private school. Their approach to education does not differ greatly from the mainstream.
If your child has special needs, such as Asperger's Syndrome or ADHD, you will find private education an ideal option. Instructors are specially trained to deal with these learning disorders and disabilities. Small class sizes ensure that your son or daughter receives sufficient attention. The province of Ontario may help you pay for a special needs education.
Such schools are all about independence and leadership development at a young age. A Montessori education trains students to become citizens of the world, as they develop all aspects of a student's psyche.
Many parents appreciate these schools because they allow you and your child to be part of a community of like-minded individuals. In Ontario, paying the tuition of a faith-based institution counts as a charitable donation for which you will receive a tax break.
Schools which have philosophies that diverge from traditional mindsets are called alternative or progressive.
* * *
Meet with Oakville's top ranked private schools and the best boarding schools across Canada at the Halton-Peel Private School Expo and Toronto Private School Expo in October. These one day events are a must for any parent or student considering an alternative education.
Oakville private schools listed below offer a superb education and have produced many leaders in politics, business and culture. Learn more from the schools themselves.