Private School Information
Parents in Vaughan choose private schools for a multitude of reasons. Here are some of these benefits:
- Private schools permit and even encourage parents to participate in their children's education. Parents are often closely involved in the school community. Dialogue with between teachers and parents will help both provide the best possible education.
- Private schools are known to do an exemplary job of preparing students for university or college. Many of them offer Advanced Study programs (most notably, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate), which play a major role in preparing your child for a post-secondary institution. Some also offer an alternative education, whether it's a Montessori, Waldorf, or Reggio Emilia program.
- Private schools typically have relatively small class sizes. This setting gives instructors the chance to vigilantly maintain class order and closely attending to the needs of each student.
- You can choose the religious or educational perspective that you think is best for your child.
- Private schools have the capacity to provide your child with a wide spectrum of extracurricular activities. These out of class programs ensure that students can pursue their interests in a safe and supportive environment.
You have plenty of choice when choosing a school for your son or daughter so it's important to be fully informed when choosing a private school. You might wish to consult the Fraser Institute's annual school ratings and get references from parents at private schools around Vaughan and Markham. However, the ultimate decision should be based on personal fit.
The Ministry of Education in Ontario inspects and licenses private high schools that want to grant diploma-eligible credits. If you are sending your child to a private high school, be sure that it has appropriate accreditation.
Paying for Private Schools in Vaughan
In Vaughan, you will find some private schools for $6,000 or less. However, there are other resources that you could lean on to help you cover tuition. Such options encompass:
On this page, we list private schools in Vaughan, Ontario. To learn more about a school, click on its profile. You can also click through to a school’s website, contact a school directly, and register your child today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many private schools in Vaughan are there?
There are 6 private schools in Vaughan that are Our Kids trusted members.
How much is tuition at private schools in Vaughan?
Tuition fees for private schools in Vaughan range from $11,000 to $35,000 per year with an average tuition of $19,549 per year.
What’s the largest school?
Of the private schools in Vaughan, the largest is Villanova College with 540 students in Grades 4 to 12.
Are private schools in Vaughan good?
We interviewed both parents and students. You can read reviews about private schools in Vaughan on this page.
Is there a private school expo where I can meet with private schools in Vaughan?
Yes. You can meet with private schools and education experts at the Our Kids Private School Expos held every year in September and October. These events are designed for both parents and students. Find event details and ticket info here.