Let us take a look at a day of camp!
Mondays - Welcome to Camp Belle Wood
The Camp for Equestrian Enthusiasts!
8:00 am - Early Drop-Off Commences; during this time, students are engaged in activities related to horsemanship and stable management
8:45 - 9:00 am; Students begin to arrive
9:10 - 9:15 am; Time to drop bags and lunches at our camp headquarters. Belle Wood does have a fridge and microwave for snacks and lunches. Each camper is given a spot to hang up any equipment & bags.
9:15 am; Tour the facility, and meet your councillors & new camp friends! Monday's Only. We invite families to join us on Friday afternoons for a Camp Week Show Case.
9:30 - 10:30 am; Group 1 Lesson
10:30 - 11:30 pm; Group 2 Lesson
11:30 - 12:30 pm; Group 3 Lesson
12:00 - 1:00 pm; Lunch Rotation
1:00 - 2:00 Group 1 Lesson
2:00 - 3:00 Group 2 Lesson
3:00 - 4:00 Group 3 Lesson
During the duration of lessons, fellow campers will partake in the following;
- Horsemanship Lessons based on the Long Term Equestrian Development Plan principles (We hope you are in the sport for life after your week at camp!)
- Stable management, have you ever wondered what horses eat? How did we decide on equipment? Where do they sleep? We have you covered! Campers will learn all about their new horse friend.
- Equine-related arts and crafts! Parents, your fridge will be complete.
- Fun, active games! Equestrian Yoga and so much more
- Unicorn Water slip and slide!
Pick up at 4:00 - 4:15
Late pick 4:15 - 5:00