Find the top camps in Coquitlam, BC
Coquitlam is in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, and is considered part of Metro Vancouver. Like other parts of BC, Coquitlam has camps with a wide range of programs. This includes camps in Southwest Coquitlam, Burquitlam, Maillardville, Fraser River, Fraser Mills, Harbour Chines, Austin Heights, and Westwood Plateau. It also includes the surrounding areas of Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Surrey, New Westminster, Anmore, and Richmond.
Types of Coquitlam camps
There are camps and programs for kids of all ages in Coquitlam and the surrounding areas. Whether your child is sporty, artsy, adventurous (or all three), there are many options to choose from.
- Sports camps: Coquitlam, like most of BC, is home to a wide variety of sports camps. Whether your child is a high-level athlete looking for a competitive sport or is just looking for some fun and recreation, you’re sure to find just the right fit. For instance, you can select from acro, basketball, soccer, tennis, and ultimate frisbee camps.
- Arts camps: There are also plenty of arts camps to choose from in Coquitlam. This includes the performing arts, such as drama, dancing, and music. It also includes the fine arts, such as fashion and videography.
- Education camps: Some children like to pursue their passion for learning in the summer (or even after school or on weekends). If your child falls in this category, they may enjoy an education camp or program. This will give them the opportunity explore their interest in a variety of subjects, from science to computers, to math and debate.
Choosing a camp in Coquitlam
There is no such thing as the best camp for all kids. In exploring your options, it’s most important to look for a camp that’s the right overall fit for your child. You’ll also want to make sure any camp meets your child’s most crucial needs. This includes physical, social, and emotional needs. You’ll also want to make sure the camp meets your family’s needs as a whole.
Here are some questions to get you started:
- Location and transportation: How far is the camp from your house? Is busing offered?
- Cost: What are the camps fees for each session? What do the fees include and not include? Does the camp offer any subsidies?
- Facilities: What are the camp facilities like? Are the campgrounds clean and well-supervised?
- Activities: What types of activities and programs does the camp offer? Are they suitable for your child?
- Social environment: What kinds of kids go to the camp? Is you child likely to do well in this social setting? Is your child looking to make new friends, and if so, will they have a good opportunity to do so at the camp?
Below, we list the top camps and kids’ program in Coquitlam, BC and the surrounding areas. Click on a camp profile to learn all about it and register your child for one or more sessions.