About this Program:
English Writing Skills and Essay Writing
The Learning Tree Tutors writing program for senior intermediate and high school students features 1-on-1 instruction, customized lessons that match students' abilities and personalized feedback. Under the guidance of our qualified tutors, students will learn to organize their thoughts and choose the best words to communicate their ideas effectively.
The program first reviews basic grammar and how to write effective sentences and paragraphs. Next, the program focuses on essay writing skills, breaking down the process into steps as follows:
- Writing process - Brainstorming/pre-writing and organizing ideas.
- Write a thesis statement that provides a concise summary of the main points of the essay.
- Write an introductory paragraph to introduce the main idea of the essay.
- Create effective and concise body paragraphs that include topic sentences, which relate to the thesis.
- Prepare a concluding paragraph that recaps the essay or gives a general explanation of the argument proposed in the essay.
Expert Academic Tutors and Personalized Lessons
Because no two students are alike, we develop a customized 1-on-1 tutoring program for each student based on their abilities, learning styles and goals. Our individualized approach inspires students to enjoy learning and challenges them to achieve their fullest potential.
Choose 2 or 3 hours per week. Flexible schedule. Registration is open weekly.
Online Pricing / Standard Packages
1 hour per week (4 hours/month)....................... $152 /month
2 hours per week (8 hours/month)..................... $304 /month
Additional hours $38/ per hour. Packages available.