The Summer Camp program is the heart and soul of Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da. Girls ages 7-16 register for 1, 2 or 4 week sessions during July and August. During their stay at camp, girls are placed in a tent-cabin of four or five and each group has their own counsellor. The small groups allow for strong friendships to form quickly and with 100 campers registered each session, new campers quickly find a place in the tight-knit community.
At Mi-A-Kon-Da, we provide a safe environment for our campers to choose their own experiences. This freedom allows for development of individual strengths and leadership skills. Campers gain confidence and independence as a result of this supportive and encouraging environment while learning the importance of community and teamwork. Our camp is designed to encourage campers to get outside and appreciate the natural outdoors and all it has to offer. The friendships, self-confidence and social responsibility campers gain from the Mi-A-Kon-Da experience will be remembered well beyond their time at camp.
While at camp, campers have the freedom to choose from a wide variety of activities to participate in each day. Mi-A-Kon-Da offers a broad range of activities including rock climbing, canoeing, and sailing. Campers can participate in activities recreationally, or work towards achieving a badge or established level of skill. All activities are instructed by our skilled staff, who work with campers to teach them new skills.
- Water Sports: Swimming, Canoeing, Sailing, Kayaking, Windsurfing, Rowing
- Arts: Dance, Guitar & Music, Drama, Arts & Crafts, Paddle Making
- Outdoor Skills: Rock Climbing, Wall Climbing, Low Ropes Course, Woodcraft, Archery, Canoe Tripping
- Land Sports: Mountain Biking, Fitness
- Team Building Activities
- Established in 1955 and accredited by the Ontario Camps Association and a member of the Canadian Camping Association.
- Located on a private island north of Parry Sound, Ontario
- Directed by Pam Lamont, who has been active with Mi-A-Kon-Da for over 30 years as a camper, staff member, Nurse and Director/Owner.