How IS ivyGoal SSAT / ISEE Different From Others?
Taught by some of the most acclaimed tutors in the industry.
Check out our parents' testimonials on our website and see how many our students have been admitted into top private schools each year: Harker, Menlo, Crystal Springs, Nueva, Castilleja, Sacred Heart at Atherton...
Special programs designed by ivyGoal to crack SSAT / ISEE verbal - the most difficult section.
Teachers: Nick Ni & Mason Kenton- highly regarded Prep teachers in the bay area and have taught thousands of students.
Homework: Students are expected to complete 1-3 hours of homework per week in order to successfully complete the course.
Lesson Instruction: students will log into ivyGoal’s Zoom online classroom and study with us by following ivyGoal’s rigorous program.
Registration: students need to register the class on a monthly base. After each month, parents can decide if you want your child to continue. The class will end in January, which is time for the last ISEE / SSAT test.
Vocabulary Skills Covered:
- Filling the blank.
- Parts of speech.
- Process of elimination.
Vocabulary Words Samples (total 1110 words):
- albeit, granted (that), nonetheless, notwithstanding, lest, conversely, thereupon, thus,
- detain, perceive, revitalize, cohesive, futile, convex, repulsive, assemble, compel, literal
- tangible, abhor, dejection, illiteracy, compassion, alleviate, sleek, remorse, prolific, climax
- meticulous, voyage, trajectory, akin to, slated to, sinister, ponder, cluster, ponder, multifacet,
- detrimental, impair, introspection, preordained, pertinent, undermine, tribute, induce, deduce,
- discern, deleterious, context, phantom, pilgrim, behold, referent, susceptible, indifference,
- reprimand, altruism, eminent, extrovert, pensive, persevere, plausible, cynicism, intrinsic,
- ardent, eminent, adhere, encompass, refute, reign, ransack, poised, condone, elusive, contrive,
Reading Skills Covered:
- Deploying different reading skills for different types of reading passages.
- What to read and what to skip or skim.
- How to identify the main idea.
- How to decipher an author's purpose.
- How to perform deductive reasoning.
- How to apply grammar skills to improve reading comprehension.
- How to become an active reader vs a passive reader.
- 10 mock tests will be assigned to students to practice and to be reviewed in class.