Types of camps in St. Catharines
There are many different kinds of camps available, with more than 200 camp activities listed here at OurKids.net. Lists linked to below will take you to our advanced search where you’ll find camps specializing in that topic at the top of the list, followed by camps that offer each as an activity.
Kids' sports camps in St. Catharines
Find your favourite sport in the list below and find a camp that teaches that sport.
Education camps in St. Catharines
Is there a favourite school subject you just can’t get enough of? Or is there a topic you wish you knew more about? Find learning areas in the list below and find camps that teach that subject.
Technology camps in St. Catharines
From gaming platforms to programming languages to artificial intelligence to drone technology, camps teach the full gamut of tech subjects. Whatever you’re interested in, find it in the list below and find a St. Catharines’ day camp or kids’ program that teaches it.
Arts camps in St. Catharines
Indulge your creative passions in one of the arts listed below.
Special needs camps in St. Catharines
Camps across St. Catharines support kids and teens’ exceptional needs. Whatever your special need or other concern, find it in the list below, and find camps with mild or even dedicated support for it.
More St. Catharines camp types available:
More camps near St. Catharines
If you’re willing to go outside of St. Catharines, nearby towns and cities allow you to take part in a much greater variety of camps. Some of these are overnight camps, allowing you to give this experience a try. Find camps in locations like the following:
17 Questions to ask camps in order to find the best for your family
Of course, you will start with things like cost, fit with your schedule, match with your child’s interests, and proximity to your home or work. In addition to those practical considerations, here are the questions you should ask camps.
- How often do they renew police checks for counsellors?
- What training do counsellors have in dealing with discipline issues or bullying?
- What is the counsellor-to-camper ratio?
- What is the maximum size for groupings or sessions?
- Can you meet the counsellor or leader managing the group your child is in?
Regarding food and drink
- What rules are there with regard to food and snacks?
- What policies are there with regard to food allergies, like peanuts and other products?
- Can kids bring their own snacks or are they provided by the camp?
- Do they encourage kids to hydrate frequently on hot days?
- What is the pick-up and drop-off schedule, and how rigid is it?
- Do I have to sign a waiver? And if so, what’s in the waiver?
- Are you accredited by the OCA or another respected body?
- Can you share the full schedule breakdown?
- How much will my child be playing or doing their favourite activity?
Matters related to ESL and exceptional needs
- What provisions does the camp have for kids with special needs?
- Are there going to be Education Assistants or Personal Service Workers present and/or available?
- What reviews or testimonials from other parents or kids can they share?
Benefits kids gain from camp
Camp offers numerous benefits. Some of the basics are as follows:
- It gets them away from screens.
- It gets kids physically active.
- They’ll meet new friends.
- It allows them to indulge in their favourite activity.
- It keep them busy, in a setting where parents know they are safe.
There are more hidden benefits to camp that aren’t always recognized by parents. These include:
- Kids develop traits like independence, and interpersonal skills
- Sports camps and adventure camps, for example, help kids develop courage, resilience, and physicality.
- Arts camps, for example, help kids develop creativity.
- Some camps are particularly good at helping kids develop generosity, religious faith, self-regulation, or curiosity.
Get a full view of the benefits of camp for St. Catharines kids and teens. And don’t forget that camp isn’t just for summer. After school programs and lessons augment kids' learning in remarkable ways as can March break camps or PA day camps.
Combine this list with other information in our guide:
Frequently Asked Questions
How many St. Catharines camps are there?
There are 4 St. Catharines camps that are Our Kids trusted members. In addition, there are 1 options that bus from the area. Use the filters to narrow options by age or type, then click on each organization to read reviews, browse program schedules, and access registration details.
What are the fees to attend St. Catharines camps?
Fees for St. Catharines camps range from $199 to $7,125 per program (program types and lengths vary). Use the filters here to narrow programs by age and type.
What age do St. Catharines camps start at?
There are programs available for children aged 2 through 16.