ROOTS participants begin to lay the foundation of leadership skills, while getting to experience the best-of- the-best of being a senior camper at Camp Wenonah.
ROOTS is a small group experience. It focussed on group-based decision making that gives participants an opportunity to customize their Camp experience together. Teamwork and cooperation are valued as part of this program.
ROOTS is led by experienced Camp staff members, who facilitate programs and guide participants through their time at Camp. As well, staff provide ongoing feedback to participants and help facilitate participant group-based decisions.
- Extended focused program instruction, as determined by the group participants (including: canoeing, kayaking, white water kayaking, sailing, climbing, archery, arts & crafts, outdoor living skills, and more!)
- A multi-night group overnight canoe trip on Saw Lake and Key Hole Lake
- An optional solo overnight experience on the recently acquired 25 acres of untouched property on the shore of Saw Lake
- Participants join all-Camp programs, including: Wide Games, Options, Campfires, Theme Days, Wenonah Games, and more!
- A chance to develop and facilitate a number of all-Camp and/or large group programs, including: campfires, Sing-A- Long Lunches, theme meals, theme days and WenonahFest programs, and more!
- A group-based project, as determined by the participants, to benefit the Camp community
- Participants in the program for a 4-week stay may choose to pursue Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross lifesaving levels, White Water Kayaking, or CYA Sailing.
- Extended campfire cooking program
- Group-based tournaments
- Nightly fireside debriefs with the Wenonah Roots Staff