Do you want to fund private school for your child, but you’re not sure you can afford it? Check out the newest Ebook from Our Kids: “Funding Private School: Your Scholarship and Bursary Guide”.
Finding ways to reduce private school expenses has never been easier with this ebook.
How to Get Academic and Non-Academic Scholarships
Learn about the difference between an academic and non-academic scholarship, including:
- Where to go to find scholarships to apply for
- When to apply for scholarships
- How to talk to private schools about financial aid
- Finding non-academic scholarships for community involvement, athletic achievements, extra-curricular activities and artistic aptitude
Take Advantage of Tax Breaks and Grants for Private School
Tips for families about finding tax breaks and grants to help pay for private school, including:
- Trust funds
- Charitable gifts from family members
- Tax breaks for students with Special Needs
- Community resources
13 Ways to Pay for Private School
Tips that your family might not have considered when it comes to planning for private school costs, including:
- The extra things you’ll save money on – including sports related expenses
- Flexible payment plans
- Multiple-child discounts
- Insurance coverage as a way to pay for private school
- Using Tax Free Saving Accounts
- Life insurance as a way to plan for private school and post secondary education
- Corporate scholarships
- Contests that help pay for tuition
Scholarships and Bursaries Ease the Financial Burden of Private School
Learn about the differences between scholarships and bursaries, when to to apply and ways to maximize your application. From support for special needs children to provincial and federal charities, help is out there if you know where to look.
Take Advantage of the Our Kids Resources!
Our Kids Media has a number of resources that can help you find the right private school for your child, including our:
- Scholarship Finder — search for scholarship and bursaries
- Private School Finder — search for private schools that have all the features you are looking for
- Private School Expos — talk one-on-one with the schools you are considering and get all your questions answered
* * * * *
How do you balance your budget when it comes to financing private school? Share your tips in the Comments section below.